Event & Schedule news!
Save the Date! The 2019 Hill Country Yarn Crawl will be October 11-20.
Trunk Shows include Blue Mule Fibers, Bluebonnet Crafters, Crafting My Chaos, and Panorama Fibers. We're planning all this and more, woohoo!
Passports will be here soon (Thursday, 9/19) and we're taking pre-orders NOW! Passports are $15 (+tax). As in previous years, early birds also get a Crawl bag (we normally run out of bags in mid-to-late-September). Preorder now and we'll put aside a passport and a bag for you! We'll let y'all know when passports arrive and are available for pick up.
WE. CAN'T. WAIT!
Check out our calendar for links to all scheduled classes and events.
Recent shipments include:
- Appalachian Baby - restock of balls and kits of this Texas-grown, US-milled cotton!
- Berroco - NEW! Arno (DK weight cotton/wool blend) and Coco (Super Bulky Merino)
- Blue Mule Fiber - restock
- Euphoria Knits - NEW! Rapture, fingering weight Merino/Cashmere/Nylon (MCN) blend
- Malabrigo - NEW! Rasta colors!
- Naumann's Angoras - NEW! Mohair Locks - Texas raised mohair, Texas dyed!
- Panorama Fibers - NEW! to Yarnivore, Houston-based dyer!
- Premier Yarn - NEW! Retro Velvet, super soft!
- Retro Velvet - restock + NEW! colors
- Scheepjes - restock on Whirl (everyone's fave) + NEW! styles of yarn bowls
- Story People - NEW! cards & prints (for those who are a fan of the artwork we have had on the walls, we now carry it for y'all!)
- Zorn Junction - NEW! the trunk show was a HUGE hit (thanks to all y'all!) but we managed to purchase some stock for the store, too!
Books! Vogue Stitchionary, brioche, entrelac, sweaters, need we keep going?
Notions! NEW! Row Counter Rings in rainbow iridescence, Wrist Rulers + restock of Lenny Mud mugs & yarn bowls; KnitBaahPurl mugs, prints, & cards; needle felting supplies.
What is a Yarnivore?
If a carnivore is an animal that gets its energy from eating meat, then it’s only a small stretch to think that a Yarnivore gets their energy from playing with fiber, right? Yarnivores are people obsessed with fiber – lace through bulky, cotton through cashmere.
Yarnivore is a local yarn shop on San Antonio’s northwest side (in Castle Hills), catering to fiber fans of all kinds – crocheters, knitters, spinners, and weavers. In addition to all kinds of yarn and fiber, we sell books, patterns, accessories, tools, and larger equipment like looms and spinning wheels. We carry mass market, boutique, and local independent dyed yarns (yes, we have fiber artists in Texas!) Finally, we love to feed your passion by offering you classes and private lessons. For the latest on all of our products, follow us on Facebook or swing by the store.
We pride ourselves on inspiring you to pick up fiber and tool and using your imagination to create a one of a kind project. Join us to browse or bring in your current work-in-progress and hang out on our comfy couch and chairs for a while.