Event & Schedule news!
The 2019 Hill Country Yarn Crawl continues until October 20!! We're so excited to share everything we have planned - local hand dyed yarns, fun gifts, and tools!
We have fresh yarn & fiber from Blue Mule Fiber, Crafting My Chaos, Lone Wolf Fibers, Naumann's Angoras, Panorama Yarn, & Zorn Junction. Come see this & lots, lots, LOTS of new & fun new doodads that help us all express the joy we have in crafting.
We can't wait to see you!
NOTE: Yarnivore's hours during the 2019 Crawl (10/11-20) will be 9a-6p. This is because all of the participating stores will have the same hours and be less confusing for Crawlers.
NEED YARN WOUND? Due to space & time constraints, we put away our winding equipment until Crawl is over. As always, if you buy a skein from Yarnivore, we'll wind it for free...just not during Crawl; you can leave it with us or bring it back after Crawl for winding. Thanks for understanding! :)
What's a yarn crawl? It's a fun way to see all (or as many as you want) of the LYSs within 85 miles of the state capitol. Each store has a daily drawing, gives out two complementary patterns, and have all kinds of yarn-spirational events. Crawlers buy a passport for $15 and get it stamped at each store. Depending on the number of shops the Crawler visits, they can qualify for a grand prize drawing. Stay tuned for info on carpooling and planning your Crawl.
Plan for a successful Crawl now!
1) put your name and contact info on your passport. We frequently find passports during Crawl and will contact the owner if we know who's it is. :)
2) For extra passport safety, punch a hole through it and tie it to your bag with some yarn. Whither thine bag goest....
3) Make sure to keep snacks and bevvies on hand. Crawling takes energy and it's no fun if you're hangry.
Check out our calendar for links to all scheduled classes and events.
Recent shipments include:
- Aalta - restock of Fairy Kits and yarns!
- Appalachian Baby - restock of balls and kits of this Texas-grown, US-milled cotton!
- Berroco - NEW! Arno (DK weight cotton/wool blend), Coco (Super Bulky Merino), & Sesame (worsted
- Blue Mule Fiber - NEW! Wisp
- Euphoria Knits - NEW! Rapture, fingering weight Merino/Cashmere/Nylon (MCN) blend
- Malabrigo - NEW! Rasta colors!
- Naumann's Angoras - NEW! Mohair Locks - Texas raised, Texas dyed (yes, mohair comes from Angora goats)!
- Panorama Fibers - NEW! to Yarnivore, Houston-based dyer! Gradients, Hitchhiker sock, & Expedition DK!
- Retro Velvet - NEW! colors
- Scheepjes - restock on Whirl (everyone's fave), NEW! yarn bowl colors!
- Zorn Junction - NEW! Big Ben (bulky), Hippie Girl (fingering)
Books! Vogue Stitchionary, brioche, entrelac, sweaters, need we keep going?
Notions & Tools! NEW!
- Aalta - US made wool baskets, each is one-of-a-kind!
- Addi - restock
- Ashford - restock
- C&F Home -New! fun gift items, see our gnomes!
- Clover - needle felting supplies
- Dandy Like Candy - NEW! zipper pouches to hold your tools
- Furls - NEW! colors of Odyssey and Streamline hooks. We've got lots of sizes and colors!
- Harrisville Designs - NEW! Friendly Looms & Loops, Felting Soap and Felting Balls kits
- Katrinkles - NEW! row counter bracelets, ornaments
- Knitter's Pride Row Counter Rings in NEW! rainbow iridescence
- KnitBaahPurl - NEW! mugs, prints, tees, & cards
- Lenny Mud, more NEW! mugs & yarn bowls
- Orange Clove - NEW! Knitter's Salve to soothe your dry hands
- Prym Ergonomic - NEW! crochet hooks Wrist Rulers
- Story People - NEW! cards & prints (for those who are a fan of the artwork we have had on the walls, we now carry it!)
- Wishlets - NEW! giftable friendship bracelets
What is a Yarnivore?
If a carnivore is an animal that gets its energy from eating meat, then it’s only a small stretch to think that a Yarnivore gets their energy from playing with fiber, right? Yarnivores are people obsessed with fiber – lace through bulky, cotton through cashmere.
Yarnivore is a local yarn shop on San Antonio’s northwest side (in Castle Hills), catering to fiber fans of all kinds – crocheters, knitters, spinners, and weavers. In addition to all kinds of yarn and fiber, we sell books, patterns, accessories, tools, and larger equipment like looms and spinning wheels. We carry mass market, boutique, and local independent dyed yarns (yes, we have fiber artists in Texas!) Finally, we love to feed your passion by offering you classes and private lessons. For the latest on all of our products, follow us on Facebook or swing by the store.
We pride ourselves on inspiring you to pick up fiber and tool and using your imagination to create a one of a kind project. Join us to browse or bring in your current work-in-progress and hang out on our comfy couch and chairs for a while.