In Part 1, we listed all the needle and hook brands we offer. Today, we're talking notions! There are two main categories: notions to help make the knitting or crocheting easier, and notions to decorate and style your finished project.
We've got all the basics, including ball winders, highlighter tape, point protectors, row counters, scissors, stitch markers, swifts, tape measures, tapestry/yarn needles, and ...<takes a breath>...
We also carry bobbins, felting needles, fringers, lucets, tatting shuttles, therapeutic/ergonomic gloves... want us to keep going?
- Addi - needle huggers, cord clips, stitch markers, thimble ring
- Allary - tape measures
- Ann Tudor (US artist) - handmade glass stitch markers
- Ashford - felting needles and tools, yarn swifts
- Beadsmith - beading cord, kumihimo supplies
- ChiaoGoo - fringer, swift, pocket pounch
- Clover - cable needles, darning needles, stitch markers, cutters, row counters, etc, etc, etc
- Dritz - sweater shaver, travel sewing kit
- Fiskars - scissors (including left-handed)
- Handeez - support gloves
- HiyaHiya - bags, needle cases, point protectors, row counter
- Katrinkles (US artist) - handmade gauges, stitch markers, ornament kits, ruler, tags
- KnitBaahPurl (US artist) - handmade project bags, tags, stitch markers, notebooks
- Knitter's Pride - nostepinne (yarn winder), row counter, stitch markers, yarn needles
- Lacis - ball winder, swift, crochet hook handle, beading tools, t-pins, needle-felt tool
- Laura Hand Knits (US artist)
- Prym - bobbins, cable needle, knitting thimble
- Susan Bates - cable needle, darning needles, needle gauge/sizer
- Tacony - scissors and tape measures
Need something to go on or with your project? We have buttons, pompoms, safety eyes, and shawl pins to finish off your item, as well as blocking wires & mats, pompom makers, sock blockers, and more
- Bonnie Bishoff (US artist) - shawl pins and sticks
- Button's Etc. - buttons and closures
- Knitter's Pride - sock blocker, shawl sticks
- Paradise - shawl sticks and pins
Featured Yarn and Pattern
Ready for a glowing autumn? Us too! Luminosa from Cascade Yarns glows like candlelight. It's also as soft and cuddly as a kitten. It's a blend of viscose, baby alpaca, and merino wool. One of the most unique yarns we've ever seen!
If you make this lovely cowl/infinity scarf, it can keep you warm, too! The Centerpiece Cowl by Shannon Dunbabin is a FREE pattern that highlights the unique glow of the Luminosa yarn.
Regular and Upcoming Events
Every Tuesday at 1 pm - Yarnivorphans Meet-up at Panera
1st and 3rd Fridays - Friday Night Cravings here at Yarnivore
November 27 - Closing early
November 28 - Closed for Thanksgiving
November 29 - OPEN for Black Friday
November 30 - Small Business Saturday
EVERY DAY - Open Stitching in our seating area anytime we're open!
The Tip Jar
Here's another way to store your circular needles if you have some wall space: Put up hooks and hang the needles up by their cords. Over time, this will allow their cords to relax and stop curling, too! You can add more hooks as your collection grows.
Knitting: Fair Isle Christmas Stocking
Tuesday, November 5, 12, & 19 from 6-8 pm, $48
Learn stranded knitting technique and impress the relatives as you make this heirloom Christmas stocking! You’ll choose from several different pattern designs, and learn to personalize your stocking. Make one for every family member!
Three 2-hour sessions
Knit and Crochet Workshop with Beate
EVERY Thursday from 1-3 pm, $18 per session
Need help with a project or technique? This 1-session class is a great way to get help and see what others are working on! Beate will help with reading patterns, reinforcing techniques, and building your confidence. Beate can assist with either knitting or crochet projects.
One 2-hour session
Knitting: Mobius Cowl
Thursday, November 7 & 14 from 6-8 pm, $33
Cowls are all the rage these days and this one is especially adorable! You’ll learn the mobius cast-on in the first class, then learn Wendy’s favorite stretchy and decorative bind-off in the last class. Makes a GREAT Christmas Gift!
Two 2-hour sessions
Knitting Workshop with Wendy
Each session is $18
Sunday, November 10 from 3-5 pm
Thursday, November 21 from 6-8 pm
You know you love Wendy's tips and hints and wish she could help you with every project! Well, now she can! Bring your projects and we'll all learn together from each other's challenges. Make your knitting look professional and lose all your fears!
One 2-hour session
Knitting: Intarsia Christmas Stocking
Sunday, November 17, December 1, & 8 from 3-5 pm, $48
Knit a picture into your stocking – Snowman, Snow-lady, Christmas Tree, Santa – and learn intarsia technique. You only hold one yarn at a time, so it’s easier than it looks! Three classes finishing up JUST in time for the big day! You’ll also learn a fun knitted-in braid technique.
Three 2-hour sessions
We absolutely do not EVER want to spam you. If you don't want to get this newsletter, then we will take you off the list. No problem. No questions asked. There's an unsubscribe link below, or you can just call us.