Celebrate - and stay safe!
We will be closed this Saturday for the Fourth of July. Like many of you, we're longing to spend time with friends and family, but we also want to be safe and avoid spreading COVID-19. So is it possible to socialize responsibly? Yes!
The least risk, of course, is a virtual gathering. This is a great way to hang out with your knit/crochet buddies! We've used Zoom, Google Meet, and Facebook Messenger for online hanging out. All are available in free versions.
But what about getting together in person? According to the CDC, small outdoor gatherings are generally safe, as long as you follow these social distancing guidelines:
1. Keep it small - fewer than 10 people
2. Keep it outdoors. Only go indoors for the restroom, and use hand sanitizer before and after entering the house. And, obviously, wash hands well.
3. People from different households stay 6 feet apart. Whoever has the biggest yard hosts! Place lawn chairs or picnic blankets in household groupings. This is a great use for those washable afghans!
4. Wear face masks! Keep those droplets in!
5. Avoid handling the same objects. Have one masked, washed, and gloved person set out individual settings of silverware, maybe wrapped in a cute napkin, like the Huck Lace Napkins in the latest issue of Handwoven Magazine. Or have everyone bring their own!
6. ONE masked, washed, gloved person serves the food, OR everyone brings their own food.
7. If you're playing games, try games that keep you apart! Cornhole (with everyone having their own marked beanbags), Frisbee games, or parlour games like charades - no touching needed!
We hope you have a great Independence Day, whether your socializing or just spending the day binging Netflix!
Be well, be safe, be kind!
-Caryn & the Yarnivore crew
All classes and in-person private lessons are currently on hold, due to the San Antonio & Bexar County joint Stay Home/Work Safe order.
To keep up with our efforts and real time announcements, please follow us on social media:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/yarnivoresa/
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/yarnivoresa/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/YarnivoreSA
If you have a question for one of our teachers, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also email Wendy with knitting or crochet questions at email@example.com or contact her through her Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/Wendy.at.Yarnivore/
We absolutely do not EVER want to spam you. If you don't want to get this newsletter, then we will take you off the list. No problem. No questions asked. There's an unsubscribe link below, or you can just call us.
Contact Us: https://www.yarnivoresa.net/ firstname.lastname@example.org 2357 NW Military, 78231 (210)979-8255